The site is being gradually restored from various hiatūs, with care taken to keep old URLs working. If you are looking for something specific, ask: .
What's here and what's missing.
(I think the plural of hiatus is hiatūs, not haiti. Probably?)
This is a bad idea
Why no Twitter jokes?
I don’t hear the laugh. Why waste my time? It’s a horrible performing interface. I can’t think of a worse one. I always think about people that write books. What a horrible feeling it must be to have poured your soul into a book over a number of years and somebody comes up to you and goes, “I loved your book,” and they walk away, and you have no idea what worked and what didn’t. That to me is hell. That’s my definition of hell.
Please do not read this blog. It is a waste of everyone’s time.
Why this site exists anyway
- to shout into the abyss.
- A few people have read things on previous versions and gone on to successfully modify their chair, fix their computer, find music for waltzing, or seize the means of production.
- The more written here, the less crap forwarded to you.
- I miss the Daily Dish, and I have the polo shirt to prove it.
- Can’t read without writing
- To assuage guilt about link rot.
- I hosted some stuff from other people, and I should try and keep it up.
Disclaimers and Disclosures
Nobody pays me or gives me anything in exchange for writing or publishing here. If you follow a link and then buy something, I won’t get any money and won’t know about it.
This site is generated with Hugo.
The pen icon was created by Simon Trew, from earlier works, and is used under license cc-by-sa-3.0.
The calendar icon was created by Designmodo and is used under license cc-by-3.0.
All type is set in the FF Quadraat font family.
The color palette comes from Solarized.